5 Reasons Urban Decay's New Vice May Be Getting a Permanent Spot on My Vanity
Last week, as some of you may have already caught glimpses of via my Snapchat, I had a chance to kick it and celebrate the launch of Urban Decay's NEW Vice lipstick at Greenpoint Terminal in Brooklyn. Not only does the brand have an awe-inspiring lineup of new lippies, but they also teamed up with one of the industry's ultimate girl crushes, Ruby Rose, as one their brand ambassadors. This weekend, I had the chance to take a few shades from the line for a spin, and let's just say....
1. WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET Have you ever noticed a lipstick shade you really like, but when you try it on, the color doesn't seem to to have the same pop? Well, that's not at all the case with UD's new Vice collection. After just one swipe, I immediately was in love with how powerful the pigment showed up and showed out! I only have three shades (for now), but their are a whopping 100 shades apart of the new line. So, if someone says they couldn't find a color they like, they are probably...lying.
2. IF RUBY ROSE IS INTO IT, I MEAN...Nothing says edgy, chic, cool or even total badass better than Ruby Rose. She's a model, actress, fashion muse, hostess with the mostess and if you aren't already following her dopeness, take a second (after reading this post, of course) to go check her out. When I think of Ruby Rose, I can't help but admire her uniqueness and overall appreciation for individuality. Her partnership with UD pretty much reinforces and creatively encourages everyone from makeup junkies to the ladies out there who are looking to experiment with lipstick to keep going for it while keeping it cute at the same time. I love that.
3. GIRL...THERE ARE 50 MATCHING LIP PENCILS TO KEEP YOUR POUT PERFECT Some days, I'm a total lipstick chick and some days I'm not. But lately, I have been a lot more into lipstick than ever before partly because I recently discovered how much further the help of a lip liner can elevate your overall look. Along with the launch of the new Vice lipsticks, we can also now rejoice in knowing the brand has also introduced and expanded their range of 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencils. Yessss, all the emoji happy praise hands! I tried the '714' liner along with the 'No-Tell' Motel cream lipstick and I can pretty much sum up my experience in one word....BOMB!
4. YEP, THE CASE LOOKS FANCY ON MY VANITY Okay, I probably shouldn't be saying this out loud, but I must admit, I'm a sucker for gorgeous packaging. The super chic "shotgun shell" case is supposed to be a nod to the brand's original from the 90s. After test-driving the shades this weekend, a little insta-smirk popped up on my face after giving these lipsticks a new home on my vanity. The gilded detailing is modern with a hint of old hollywood glamour. So snazzy!
5. WHAT?! SIX DIFFERENT FINISHES! For the girls like me, who are obsessed with some lipstick finishes and weird about rocking others, this new collection is like a godsend. In addition to there being so many swatches to choose from, there are also six finishes that include Mega Matte, Comfort Matte, Cream, Metallized, Sheer and Sheer Shimmer. The three samples I tried were all cream and glided on so effortlessly. I was so impressed with the cream lipsticks, I can't wait to play with the other enticing finishes!
Look out for Urban Decay's latest launch of VICE officially available June 6th!